Anthony Joshua 'accepts all terms' for fight with Tyson Fury

BREAKING NEWS: Anthony Joshua ‘accepts ALL terms’ to fight Tyson Fury on December 3, his management team confirm, in the biggest step towards the world’s most anticipated heavyweight showdown

  • Tyson Fury challenged Anthony Joshua to fight him before the end of 2022 
  • Joshua has now accepted Fury’s terms and wants to fight him on December 3
  • Fury’s promoter Frank Warren has said Joshua can expect a contract shortly 

Anthony Joshua’s management team, 258 MGT, have confirmed that the two-time heavyweight champion has agreed to an all-British showdown with Tyson Fury on December 3.

Fury issued the challenge to his domestic rival last week, and provided Joshua with two dates to choose from – November 26 at Wembley Stadium or December 3 at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium. Joshua has now accepted the latter.  

‘Joshua-Fury update: 258 and can confirm, on behalf of @anthonyjoshua, that we accepted all terms presented to us by Fury’s team for a fight Dec 3rd last Friday,’ 258 MGT posted on Twitter on Tuesday morning.

Anthony Joshua’s management team have revealed that Joshua has agreed to fight Tyson Fury

Fury called out Joshua last week and the two-time heavyweight champion has accepted

Fury’s promoter Frank Warren has said that he will send Joshua a contract shortly

‘Due to the Queen’s passing, it was agreed to halt all communication.

‘We are awaiting a response.’

Joshua’s team quickly received one on Twitter from Fury’s promoter Frank Warren on Twitter.

Warren replied: ‘Contract will be with you very soon.’

Following this exchange on Twitter, it now seems that the biggest fight in the heavyweight division is edging nearer to actually happening.

Fury and Joshua looked set to meet last year when they were negotiating for an undisputed fight, but an arbitration panel ruled that Fury had to face Deontay Wilder for a third time instead.

Joshua is coming off the back of successive defeats against Oleksandr Usyk

Usyk is not fighting again in 2022, opening the door for Fury and Joshua to face each other

Since then, Joshua has lost twice to Oleksandr Usyk, while Fury has seen off Wilder and Dillian Whyte, and it appeared that the two Brits may never settle their differences in the ring.

However, with Usyk deciding against fighting again in 2022 so that he can rest his body and spend time with his family in his homeland of Ukraine, Fury was itching to stay active and he called out Joshua.

He had also previously sent out challenges to Derek Chisora and Manual Charr, so some fans were sceptical about how serious his call-out was.

They may have expected him to send Joshua an underwhelming offer now that he is no longer a champion in his own right, but Fury revealed last Wednesday that he was happy to settle on a 60-40 purse split in his favour.

Joshua has now agreed to this, and it seems that the fight could be officially announced in the near future, providing there are no further issues that arise.




Share this article

Source: Read Full Article