Tommy Fury STILL hasn’t been to the US embassy to sort out visa issues, reveals promoter Frank Warren… after YouTuber Jake Paul threatened to SUE the former Love Island star over cancelled grudge match
- Promoter Frank Warren has said that Tommy Fury is yet to visit the US embassy
- Fury needs to sort out visa issues after he was denied entry to the States
- He was due to fight Jake Paul at Madison Square Garden on August 6
- Paul has threatened to sue Fury after his dad revealed he was barely training
Frank Warren has revealed that Tommy Fury is yet to visit the US embassy after the Love Island star was denied entry to the US to fight Jake Paul.
Fury and Paul have been at a war of words for months and were due to finally settle their differences at Madison Square Garden on August 6 but the former had to pull out due to a visa issue that saw him turned away from the airport.
Fury seemed determined to still make the fight happen, tweeting that he was ‘confident this fight will happen when this issue gets resolved’ and that ‘being denied entry to a country is obviously a very serious issue and it needs to subsequently be resolved.’
But Fury’s promoter Warren has added more fuel to the fire by suggesting to iFL TV that his client is yet to visit the embassy to sort out the issues.
Tommy Fury was set to face YouTuber Jake Paul at Madison Square Garden in a grudge match
Jake Paul has grown frustrated after Fury pulled out of their bout for a second time
The two have been at a war of words since last year but are yet to meet in the ring
‘He’s not been to the embassy, he’s not had an appointment yet,’ Warren said.
‘Once it’s done then hopefully we can resurrect the situation with Jake.’
‘Jake in the meantime has made a fight for the sixth which I think is a tough fight for him.’
Paul has grown frustrated with Fury after he pulled out of their fight for the second time, claiming that the 23-year-old needs the fight.
He even threatened to sue Fury after his dad, John Fury, mentioned he ‘wasn’t exactly in training.’
Paul tweeted: ‘I should sue this fool. Own dad exposes why he pulled out a second time.’
Promoter Frank Warren revealed that Fury is yet to visit the US embassy to sort his visa issue
Paul will now face fellow US boxer Hasim Rahman, who will step in for Fury, on August 6
He will now face former sparring partner Hasim Rahman Jr instead.
The YouTuber also offered Fury $500,000 to fight him in the UK after he said he would fight in a neutral country ‘any time, any place, any where’ that both parties were allowed into.
Fury replied to the offer saying: ‘I wouldn’t get out of bed to fight you for $500k. Let me know when you’re ready to have a serious conversation.’
When asked if the offer to fight Paul in the UK for $500,000 was unrealistic, Frank Warren replied: ‘You said it.’
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article