Tyson Fury’s team have ‘reached out’ over a huge domestic showdown with Dereck Chisora in December… as the Gypsy King considers coming out of retirement for trilogy bout in favour of long-awaited Anthony Joshua fight
- Tyson Fury retired after his victory over Dillian Whyte at Wembley back in April
- Dereck Chisora and Fury fought twice in 2011 and 2015 before becoming friends
- Del Boy has said his friendship with the Gypsy King turned sour this summer
- Fury has said he would fight Anthony Joshua, but only if it is free to air for fans
Tyson Fury is prepared to come out of retirement for a big domestic showdown in December, but not with Anthony Joshua.
Matchroom Boxing kingpin Eddie Hearn says he’s been told that Fury’s team have reached out to Dereck Chisora with the view to making a fight late this year.
Hearn told iFL TV: ‘I think someone from Tyson’s team has reached out to Chisora about fighting him in December.
Fury first defeated Chisora via unanimous decision back in 2011, the first defeat for Del Boy
Chisora’s trainer pulled him out of the fight after the 10th round in the 2015 rematch with Fury
‘Who knows whether he’s gonna come back? I don’t know.’
Chisora is coming off a big win over Kubrat Pulev last time out and the 38-year-old is still hungry to compete.
Del Boy first lost to Fury back in 2011 and then again in 2015. The pair then became friends following their battles, but Chisora says their relationship has soured this summer.
Following his victory over Pulev, Chisora said: ‘Listen, Frank Warren and the Gypsy King’s posse, just tell me when, what time and where and I am there.’
While precious few boxing fans believe that Fury is retired at 33-years-old, the WBC heavyweight champion has kept everyone guessing over what his next move will be.
Exhibition fights have been mooted since Fury walked away from boxing following his win over Dillian Whyte in April, but the fight everyone still wants to see is Fury v Joshua.
Many believe Fury is keeping ahold of the WBC belt to see what happens in Joshua’s rematch with Oleksandr Usyk on August 20 with the possibility of an undisputed heavyweight title fight still open.
Whatever the result, Fury says he would fight Joshua, but it would have to be on free TV and free for the fans in attendance.
Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury has been discussed for years but it might not ever happen
‘This is reconfirmation of what I said about fighting Anthony Joshua for f**k all in England,’ Fury said on Instagram.
‘That’s how the fight happens, I’ll sign the contract today. The fight’s got to be for free, free-to-air television and all tickets go for free.’
‘No money is to be made over this British, historic fight – if it happens.’
‘They’re the terms. I’m in the driving seat. Take it or f*****g leave it. The ball is in your court guys.’
‘Take it or leave it. Either way I don’t give a damn. That’s the offer. Peace out.’
Fury has been linked to exhibition matchups with UFC heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou and former Game of Thrones Man Mountain, Hafthor Bjornsson.
‘Thor’ matches Fury in height at 6ft9in and he weighed just under 24 stone for his last fight
Just earlier this week, Fury confirmed talks to face the Man Mountain at the London Stadium in November.
He told The Telegraph: ‘It would be a bit of fun.
‘It would be great to get in there in front of, say, 70,000 fans and show him what boxing is all about, make him miss, and knock him out.
‘We are talking to his team at the moment and it is definitely something I’m interested in.’
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article