Thursday, April 2
- Chelsea have entered talks to sign Alex Telles and Philippe Coutinho
- Arsenal have identified a £35m replacement for Dani Ceballos
- Man Utd are NOT prepared to pay Saul Niguez’s £132m release clause
- They will, however, consider submitting an offer in the region of £70m
Nahuel Bustos dream
Nahuel Bustos dreams of playing in the Premier League with Chelsea.
The Talleres forward, 21, can operate on either flank and has recorded 14 goals and three assists in 37 Superliga appearances for the Argentine club.
“I’d like to go outside,” he said during an interview on Instagram via Mundo D. “If I stay in Argentina, I stay at Talleres. I always said so. If they call me from Boca or River, I stay in Talleres. I’m not going to lie to you.
“I’d like to play in Europe. Do you know where I’d like to play? At Chelsea in England. It’s my dream.”
Wanted: Thomas Meunier
Manchester United are interested in Paris Saint-Germain defender Thomas Meunier.
That’s according to French publication Le Quotidien du Foot, who claim Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side are monitoring his contract situation at the Parc des Princes.
Meunier’s £53,000-a-week deal expires this summer and he will become a free agent.
Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham, Borussia Dortmund and AC Milan have all been tipped to launch offers – but United could well decide to make their presence known.
Chelsea double swoop
Chelsea have entered talks to sign Porto defender Alex Telles and Barcelona playmaker Philippe Coutinho, according to Italian journalist Nicolo Schira.
Telles, who is valued at £35million, recently hired super-agent Pini Zahavi having previously being represented by his family.
It’s believed Zahavi’s long-standing relationship with Blues owner Roman Abramovich could prove hugely beneficial for the Stamford Bridge club.
Schira continues to say that talks to bring Barcelona flop Coutinho, 27, back to the Premier League are also underway with Tottenham also interested.
“Chelsea are in talks to sign Alex Telles (Porto want €40M) and Coutinho (also Tottenham are interested in him),” Schira tweeted. “The good relationship with their agents Pini Zahavi and Kia Joorabchian could help Blues to finalise the deal.”
- Man Utd news LIVE: Ed Woodward plans £70m transfer, Pogba replacement
Dani Ceballos replacement
Arsenal have identified a £35million replacement for the on-loan Dani Ceballos.
Mikel Arteta is said to be an admirer of Espanyol’s Marc Roca, who is likely to be sold this summer.
The 23-year-old is only under contract until 2022 and with La Liga relegation likely if the campaign resumes and the club expected to feel the financial hit of the coronavirus crisis regardless of whether or not it is concluded, Roca is set to be sold so Espanyol can extract maximum value for the midfielder.
According to Sport, Arsenal have been admirers of the player for almost a year and looked at Roca before bringing in Ceballos.
Bayern Munich were said to have been put off signing Roca last summer, with Espanyol having also rebuffed Inter Milan, due to the player’s £35m (€40m) release clause.
But Arsenal are waiting until the season ends before submitting a bid because they believe the player’s price could drop in the wake of the outbreak of COVID-19.
- Chelsea handed Alex Telles boost as Blues keep tabs on £35m left-back
Saul Niguez valuation
Manchester United are NOT prepared to pay Saul Niguez’s £132m release clause, according to Spanish newspaper AS.
They will, however, consider submitting an offer in the region of £70m for the Atletico Madrid midfielder.
The Red Devils have identified the 19-capped Spain International to replace Paul Pogba, who has been frequently linked with Real Madrid and Juventus.
AS suggest that United chiefs believe Saul’s £132m release clause is ‘disproportionate’ but DO think the 25-year-old midfielder is at the ‘ideal age’ and would ‘fit perfectly’ into Premier League football.
Antoine Griezmann decision
Barcelona forward Antoine Griezmann has been linked with a move away from the Catalan giants after just one season, with Manchester United and Arsenal both interested.
However, according to Sky Sports, the 29-year-old believes he still has a future at the Catalan club.
It claims France international Griezmann is said to be taking part in promoting the new Barcelona kit for next season, which is due to take place soon.
The player has already revealed he could like to reclaim his No.7 shirt currently occupied by Philippe Coutinho who is expected to be sold. “I would like to recover the seven,” he told fans on Twitch.
No Ballon d’Or contenders
Manchester United supremo Ed Woodward doesn’t want a squad full of Ballon d’Or contenders because of how disastrous Angel Di Maria’s transfer turned out to be, reports say.
The Argentina international cost the club £59million after arriving from Real Madrid, making him Britain’s record-singing at the time.
But Di Maria, a bright start aside, looked lost throughout his time in the Premier League.
And the Manchester Evening News say the specific struggles of the PSG star is why Woodward no longer wants a team full of big-names.
Source: Read Full Article