Barcelona ‘make MAJORITY of their players available for sale or swap this summer with only Lionel Messi and five others guaranteed a place at the Nou Camp next season’… as stars start expressing their concerns publicly
- Barcelona’s financial troubles have been worsened by the coronavirus crisis
- The club will need to sell or swap players in the summer transfer window
- Only six players are guaranteed their place at the Nou Camp next season
- Here’s how to help people impacted by Covid-19
Barcelona are reportedly open to selling all but six of their players this summer.
The club’s financial situation has been worsened by the coronavirus pandemic and that means that the majority of the first team squad’s futures are now unclear.
Spanish outlet Marca claim only Lionel Messi, Antoine Girezmann, Gerard Pique, Frenkie de Jong, Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Ansu Fatu are safe.
Barcelona are reportedly open to selling all but six of their players this summer
Frenkie de Jong
Marc-Andre ter Stegen
A number of players in the dressing room are concerned with defender Clement Lenglet the latest to speak out.
‘No one knows what the future holds as a footballer, but I hope to be at Barcelona next season,’ the Frenchman told RMC.
‘It will depend on the transfer window. It’s a special period for clubs and no one is exempt from anything, but I hope to stay.’
Croatian midfielder Ivan Rakitic also expressed his frustration recently.
French defender Clement Lenglet the latest Barcelona player to express his concern
‘I’d have liked it if the club had come out and said that I’d be staying, just to stop the rumours,’ the 32-year-old told Cadena COPE
Arturo Vidal is another older player said to have been made available to other clubs.
The 33-year-old said on an Instagram Live last week: ‘I’m very happy and settled in Barcelona.
Lionel Messi’s (L) place is secure but Arturo Vidal’s (R) future at the club is in doubt
‘Of course I want to stay, I’m more willing than ever now. I’m happy, there’s a good group and I have great friends in the dressing room.
La Liga hopes to return on June 12 and despite stories in Spain on Friday that they have now ruled that out as a comeback date, Sportsmail understands it remains the target.
The organization is under pressure to bring football back by that date to avoid financial penalties written into television contracts.
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article