Borussia Dortmund have doubled down on their stance on Jadon Sancho by again insisting the winger is going nowhere.
The club's sporting director Michael Zorc claimed on Monday that Dortmund were planning for next season with Sancho in their ranks.
Sure enough the 20-year-old has reported back for pre-season after Man Utd missed their August 10 deadline to conclude a deal.
United remain confident they can get a transfer over the line, but now Zorc's comments have been backed up by Sebastien Kehl.
Dortmund's head of licensed player division told SID : "It was important to get clarity on the subject. We know about Jadon's attractiveness but also of his importance to us.
"He gives our team that little extra. We're happy that he's staying."
United have so far baulked at Sancho's £108million asking price but must accept they need to pay that figure if they want to see the player at Old Trafford next season.
Ed Woodward had been hopeful of driving the price down amid the current financial difficulties facing clubs, but Dortmund are not prepared to bend on their demands.
The Bundesliga club are now even expecting Sancho to publicly commit his future to the club despite his desire to complete a move to United.
As per a report from The Times, Sancho is now being pressured to give an interview to Dortmund's club TV channel to confirm his situation, or make an announcement on his social media accounts.
Sancho took part in Dortmund's first friendly at their pre-season training camp in Switzerland on Wednesday, where he helped his side to a 6-0 win over Austrian outfit Altach.
United chiefs have now put all other transfer business on hold in a desperate attempt to revive a deal for their no.1 target.
They are said to have lined up back-up options though if the are unable to force Dortmund's hand, with Barcelona duo Ansu Fati and Ousmane Dembele, and Real Madrid's Vinicius Jr all being considered.
Sign up to the Mirror Football email here for the latest news and transfer gossip.
Source: Read Full Article