Evangelos Marinakis cleared of coronavirus after Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta’s recovery

Nottingham Forest and Olympiakos owner Evangelos Marinakis has been cleared of coronavirus two weeks after his positive test. Marinakis announced that he had contracted COVID-19 shortly after Arsenal’s shock Europa League elimination to Olympiakos at the Emirates and went into quarantine.

I’m very well now, I feel that I have recovered

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta

According to Sport24, however, the Forest bigwig underwent some fresh medical tests and has been cleared of the deadly virus that he reportedly contracted in the UK.

This comes shortly after the 52-year-old’s son Miltiadis denied reports suggesting that his father was hospitalised after his health took a turn for the worse.

Marinakis is now on his way to full recovery and is expected to go back to his duties although he is likely to stay in Greece as Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis has announced a state of lockdown as a result of the coronavirus crisis.

Arsenal players immediately self-isolated after the Greek businessman announced the news and it was later confirmed that manager Mikel Arteta had tested positive for the virus.

JUST IN: Why Man Utd’s Odion Ighalo deal is different to most other loan transfers

Arteta’s diagnosis, combined with Chelsea star Callum Hudson-Odoi also falling ill with coronavirus, contributed to the Premier League getting suspended until further notice.

The postponement in the schedule has since been extended until April 30 at the earliest with the scale and danger of the virus, which has claimed the lives of over 16,000 people worldwide, having been made clear.

Arteta, though, insists that he feels fully recovered from the coronavirus as he detailed his diagnosis and recovery from COVID-19 on Monday.



  • Arteta must make Real Madrid ‘demand’ if Coutinho doesn’t join

He said: “I’m very well now, I feel that I have recovered.

“It took me three or four days to start feeling much better and with more energy, to leave the symptoms behind and now, the truth is that I feel very well.

“Everything happened very fast. On Tuesday afternoon I was feeling so-so and I went to see the doctor but he wasn’t there.

“I got a call from the board of directors after training while I was in my car and they told me that the president of Olympiakos [Marinakis] had tested positive and everyone that had been in contact was at risk.


  • One Arsenal star tipped to be ‘major player’ in future by Ferdinand

“I went on to tell them that I wasn’t feeling well and that we had a situation because we had lots of players that had been in contact with them [Olympiakos].

“We had a game against Manchester City the next day and obviously we couldn’t put lots of people at risk without saying anything.

“I had the test done last Wednesday and I was diagnosed on Friday, when we had to communicate it to the Premier League that I had tested positive.

“Obviously all those that had been in contact with me had to go into quarantine, and consequently, games had to be suspended.”

Source: Read Full Article