Guardiola remains tight-lipped on possible Harry Kane transfer
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Manchester City forward Bernardo Silva does not want to join Tottenham as part of a player-plus-cash move for Harry Kane, according to reports. The defending Premier League champions have been trying to land Kane since the beginning of the transfer window, with the 28-year-old desperate to leave Spurs ahead of this month’s deadline.
The England skipper has been angling for a move throughout the summer after growing frustrated with a lack of silverware in north London.
City are understood to be keen admirers, with Pep Guardiola eyeing the addition of a world-class marksman to boost their hopes of back-to-back domestic triumphs.
However, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is determined to keep hold of Kane and has already rejected a bid in the region of £100million for his services.
The deal would have also seen City offer Spurs the pick of five players that were unsettled or otherwise available for transfer.
Levy swiftly dismissed the proposal and is yet to budge in his stance against a move for Kane, who is reportedly valued at around £150m.
JUST IN: Arsenal dealt Martin Odegaard blow as Aaron Ramsdale undergoes medical
The forward’s agent, Jorge Mendes, has since travelled to Manchester to discuss the possibility of a solution with City and the idea of a part-exchange offer is said to have arisen once again.
Silva, who made 45 appearances in all competitions last season, is believed to have been one of the five players offered to Spurs earlier this summer.
However, it seems as though City will not look to include him in any renewed approach for Kane’s signature.
The versatile Portuguese forward has told the club that he is not prepared to join Spurs in exchange for Kane, according to The Athletic.
The report claims that Silva would prefer a move to Spain, with Barcelona and Atletico Madrid having been linked with the 27-year-old in recent weeks.
His decision to snub a move to Spurs will come as a blow for Mendes, who was convinced that Levy would have been happy to land the City man in Kane’s absence.
It remains to be seen whether the latter will eventually be sold before the transfer window closes at the end of the month.
City will reportedly keep pushing for Kane, with their pursuit of Tottenham’s prized asset expected to go down to the wire.
It has been reported that a new bid matching Levy’s asking price of £150m is currently in the works, suggesting that a deal could finally be struck over the coming weeks.
Kane did not feature for Spurs against City on Sunday afternoon and was left out again for the trip to Pacos Ferreira on Thursday evening.
Spurs boss Nuno Espirito Santo recently declared that he is not concerning himself with the ongoing speculation over Kane’s future, telling reporters that he will return to action when he is physically and mentally ready to do so.
“Maybe I’m the only one who doesn’t really care about what’s been said and written outside, because this you cannot control, and honestly with all my respect it doesn’t really matter,” said Nuno.
“What matters is what is happening behind the doors, and what is happening behind the doors is that Harry is our player, he’s preparing himself, training today, he’s going to train tomorrow and again on Friday, joining the group, and this is how we operate.
“We don’t really pay much attention to what’s said outside regarding the situation of Harry.”
Source: Read Full Article