LIVE: Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund – Raheem Sterling left on the bench by Pep Guardiola with Phil Foden starting… as Erling Haaland looks to put a dent in the Quadruple hopes of the club leading the race to sign him
- Manchester City starting XI: Ederson, Walker, Stones, Dias, Cancelo, Gundogan, Rodri, Bernardo, Mahrez, Foden, De Bruyne
- Borussia Dortmund starting XI: Hitz, Guerreiro, Hummels, Bauza, Can, Knauff, Dahoud, Bellingham, Akanji, Reus, Haaland
- Manchester City host Borussia Dortmund at the Etihad – kick-off is at 8:00pm
- Pep Guardiola’s side take on the German team spearheaded by Erling Haaland
- City crashed out of the Champions League at the quarter-final stage last season
- Latest Champions League news, including fixtures and results
- City vs Dortmund breakdown: Preview, team news and odds
Manchester City host Borussia Dortmund in their Champions League quarter-final first-leg tonight.
City are running away with the Premier League and still have their eyes set on a historic quadruple this season, but they have slipped up surprisingly before in Europe and take on a threatening Dortmund team.
While the Bundesliga side are struggling domestically, they were deserved winners against Sevilla in the last-16 and have Europe’s most in-demand player, 20-year-old superstar Erling Haaland, leading the line up front.
Sportsmail will provide live coverage of Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League quarter-finals, including all the build-up, team news and in-game updates.
It’s been a frustrating campaign in the Bundesliga for Dormtund with the club fifth in the table, seven points off fourth. Saturday’s defeat by Eintracht Frankfurt was a big blow for their Champions League hopes.
Meanwhile, City got an impressive 2-0 victory at Leicester. That 1-0 defeat by Manchester United is their only loss since November.
Betfair – Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund
Manchester City are one of a number of clubs interested in signing Erling Haaland. He has a chance to impress on the big stage against the club his father Alfe used to play for. Pep Guardiola spoke about the possibility of spending big in the transfer market as the club look for Sergio Augero’s replacement.
Some of the Dortmund players out on the pitch with England international Jude Bellingham among them. A big night for the 17-year-old, who starts in the centre of midfield.
Erling Haaland in the Dortmund starting XI, as expected. But Pep Guardiola opts to go without a recognised centre forward.
Hello and welcome to our live coverage of Manchester City v Borussia Dortmund for this Champions League quarter-final first leg tie. Team news will be with us shortly…
Source: Read Full Article