Salah ‘will be offered higher wages than Cristiano Ronaldo’ to make Saudi move

Liverpool: Klopp wants solution on length of Saudi Arabian transfer window

Al-Ittihad are reportedly keen on bringing Liverpool icon Mohamed Salah to Saudi Arabia and are willing to pay over the odds for his services. Salah signed a contract extension with the Reds last year but the reigning Saudi Pro League champions are confident they can tempt him away with a lucrative contract.

According to Spanish media outlet Relevo, the Saudi side are willing to offer the Egyptian star a deal that would make him the highest-paid player in the world. Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema pocket £3.4million-a-week for Al-Nassr and Al-Ittihad – the joint highest salary of any professional footballer.

However, Salah’s wages could exceed both men’s incomes if he chooses to make the switch to the Middle East. The report goes on to claim that Salah’s intention is to accept Al-Ittihad’s offer after his entourage met with officials in Dubai where the proposition was officially laid out.

It is understood that the player’s religious beliefs could be a big influencing factor, as Islam is the official religion of Saudi Arabia. With all that being said though, Salah’s agent Ramy Abbas Issa recently came out and insisted that his client remains committed to Liverpool.

Taking to Twitter, he wrote: “If we considered leaving LFC this year, we wouldn’t have renewed the contract last summer. Mohamed remains committed to LFC.”

These latest developments come after a heavy summer spending spree from Al-Ittihad. The club has completed four high-profile signings including the capture of Fabinho from Liverpool for £40m, Jota from Celtic for £25m as well as ex-Real Madrid star Karim Benzema and former long-term Chelsea servant N’Golo Kante on free transfers.

Don’t miss…
Man Utd dressing room feeling ‘intense’ as stance on Greenwood return emerges[LATEST]
Liverpool can make two ideal signings after Endo transfer to finish summer[ANALYSIS]
Kane makes instant impact in uncharacteristic display on Bayern league debut[COMMENT]

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

All four men are earning career-best paydays courtesy of the Public Investment Fund (PIF) which finances Al-Ittihad, Al-Nassr, Al-Ahli and Al-Hilal. PIF is run by the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia Mohammed bin Salman as a way of diversifying the country’s economy.

It owns 75 per cent of all four clubs while its non-profit partners own the remaining 25 per cent of each. The investment fund also has an 80 per cent stake in Newcastle United.

The 23/24 home shirt for Liverpool pays homage to the past of the club, as well as collaborator Nike, with a strong 1970s influence. The iconic red, capped with bold white cuffs and collar really does invoke that classic Liverpool FC style while adding a cool retro touch

Source: Read Full Article