Vinicius Jr: Real Madrid star shows off skills in La Liga
Vinicius Jr plans to speak out and threaten to leave Real Madrid, according to reports. The Brazil international suffered vile racist abuse as his side lost 1-0 to Valencia at the Mestalla on Sunday. He received a red card in the closing stages of that game, having been judged to have slapped an opposition player – despite appearing to be choked.
Real Madrid lost 1-0 to Valencia on Sunday, with that defeat coming days after a chastening loss to Manchester City.
But the match is in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons after Vinicius suffered vile racist abuse from the stands during the contest.
Now, according to UOL, the 22-year-old plans to speak out about the abuse he’s suffered this season – having also been targeted by fans from Atletico Madrid and Mallorca.
And the forward intends to threaten to leave Real behind for a new challenge as his anger continues behind the scenes.
Vinicius is said to be ‘studying the best moment and ideal way to go public to demand changes’.
Want the latest football news? Join our brand new Facebook group by clicking here
He also wants ‘concrete answers’ from the Spanish authorities and leaders, too, believing those in the power positions simply aren’t doing enough.
Vinicius wants to hold a proper interview where he can make his voice heard.
The report does acknowledge, however, that any departure won’t be easy.
Vinicius signed a new contract with the club earlier in the season that ties him to the Bernabeu until 2027.
And Real won’t want to lose a player who has flourished under Carlo Ancelotti this season, scoring 10 goals and clocking up 10 assists from 32 La Liga games.
Wrexham owner Ryan Reynolds has unusual post-match Racecourse Ground habit[LATEST]
Graeme Souness close to tears as Liverpool hero opens up on his new challenge[NEWS]
Garnacho may be set for awkward Man Utd reunion as Sheikh Jassim approves[COMMENT]
Speaking in the immediate aftermath of the defeat to Valencia, Vinicius slammed Valencia fans and insisted racist abuse had become ‘normal’ in Spain.
“It wasn’t the first time, nor the second, nor the third,” said the Samba star.
“Racism is normal in LaLiga. In football they thinks it’s normal, the federation does too – and the opponent encourages it.
“I’m so sad. The championship that once belonged to Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Cristiano and Messi today belongs to racism.
“A beautiful nation, which welcomed me and which I love, but which agreed to export the image of a racist country to the world.
“I’m sorry for the Spaniards who don’t agree, but today, in Brazil, Spain is known as a country of racists.
“And unfortunately, for something that happens each week, I have no defence. I let it happen.
“But I am strong and I will go to the end against racists. Even if it is far from here.”
And Real Madrid boss Ancelotti also condemned the abuse of his star man, too.
“About what happened here. I think that’s more important,” he said when asked about his side losing.
“More important than a defeat, don’t you?
“I’m calm, but what happened today shouldn’t happen. For a stadium to shout ‘monkey’ at a player and for a coach to think about taking him off for that… There’s something wrong with this league.”
Asked about his talisman’s state of mind, Ancelotti continued: “He didn’t want to play on.
“I told him that I didn’t think it was fair, it wasn’t his fault, he wasn’t to blame.
“He continued playing, and he also got a senseless red card. That said, we have a problem.”
Source: Read Full Article