Barcelona legend Xavi says he’s ‘open to any possibility’ as he leaves the door ajar for a potential Nou Camp return amid mounting pressure on Ronald Koeman
- Xavi Hernandez said he would be happy to listen to an approach from Barca
- Former Barcelona midfielder is currently in charge at Qatar-based side Al-Sadd
- Ronald Koeman’s side are facing mounting problems both on and off the pitch
Barcelona legend Xavi Hernandez has left the door open to taking charge of the troubled Spanish giants as pressure mounts on coach Ronald Koeman.
The former midfielder, currently in charge at Qatar-based side Al-Sadd, said he would be happy to listen to an approach from the Catalans, according to reports in Spain.
‘Any offer will be evaluated and then a decision will be made,’ Xavi said to TVE, asked about a possible offer from the Catalans.
Al-Sadd boss Xavi Hernandez has left the door open to taking charge at Barcelona
‘I don’t know where my future will take me, but I’m open to anything.’
Previously Barca president Joan Laporta has been reticent about throwing the club’s former captain into the job so early in his coaching career
And Luis Suarez has also warned former team-mate Xavi not to take the Barcelona job, believing he could damage his legacy at the club given the current state of affairs on and off the pitch at Camp Nou.
Ronald Koeman’s side are facing mounting problems both on and off the pitch
He was speaking ahead to Sunday’s UEFA Nations League final between France and Spain, and he was upbeat about Spain and coach Luis Enrique.
‘He’s a very good, capable coach,’ Xavi said. ‘He demands a lot from you and gives a lot to his players. He’s very brave.
‘I really see myself in this Spain team’s style. It’s the style we worked on for so many years. It’s one that’s dominant with the ball and always looks to attack.’
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article